Paroimia: The Tale of Colours


If you have caught FGA's production on the Wordless Book Play which was performed two years back, Paroimia may not be a breath of fresh air for you because it is based on the same concept; just a different storyline. And I think, would have been a more suitable storyline for Christmas.

Synopsis from www.paroimia.com.my
Once upon a time, a prince was born in the Golden City. His name was Prince Elyon. That same day, the commander of the Golden Army, Kieron, led a rebellion against the King and stole away the citizens. It had been foretold that a day like that would come, when a savior would be needed. He would have to die in exchange for the citizens’ freedom. His blood for theirs. Prince Elyon was to be that savior.

As high as my expectation of the play after watching the exciting trailer, I would have to say that I was quite disappointed after watching the play. It could be because I didn't get the best seat in town, thus the play impact was not felt on the 4th row in front. Or it could be because I wasn't expecting the same lighting effects which once won my heart when I was watching the Wordless Book Play. The same just wasn't exciting anymore. Plus the dialogues were weak and unnatural. As a storyteller, I was bored.

P/s: Even the make-up was disappointing. I think the trailer was overpromising. Maybe the DVD version of Paroimia would be better. Grab a copy from FGA Church now!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2007
A Freak's Review of Cybermate's Dungeon.

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP