Mamma Mia!


Mom came back screaming one day, "It's one of the best movies I have watched this year. You've gotta catch it in the cinemas!" and zoom! My expectations hit the roof and I was preparing myself for a good musical time in the theatre. Afterall, ABBA music would be featured throughout the story, so I figured it couldn't get any worse than a sleeping pill. Only problem is... I really almost did fell asleep during the movie. And I was truly disappointed.

Mamma Mia! has an interesting plot of a bride seeking for truths so that her biological father can give her away on the wedding day. She came across her mother's diary one day and sent out invitations to three potential men since she was unsure who among them is her father. Surprisingly, all three of them came. Instead of knowing exactly who her father is by looking at them, she became confused and needed direction (from her mom).

The story is short, simple and sweet. Yet, it felt draggy to me as I waited for the movie to end. If I am to remove the songs and music, the plot would probably have taken up only 15 minutes on the screen. Maybe that's why it was kinda of a dread to watch.
However, I did enjoy watching Pierce Brosnan trying to act funny with his serious face. And Meryl Streep singing 'The Winner Takes It All' was the best scene of all. If you are an ABBA fan like me, you would enjoy this movie a pinch more. If you're not, Mamma Mia! may still be a comedy perfect for a lazy evening at home.

1 comments:

Flo Flo January 4, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

one man's meat is another's poison. Your favourite "mtv" of meryl singing "The Winner Takes It All" the one i liked least. I felt she was quite a stone...didnt know what to do with her hands. Whole body emotionless and that took away the drama of the song n lyrics. :(

Copyright © 2007
A Freak's Review of Cybermate's Dungeon.

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP